12 Quotes to Make you Think!
Sometimes, we all need a little pick me up, a bit of motivation when our mental health sucks.
Quotes are great examples of how words can inspire you, can lift your spirits or can just help you pull your thoughts back from falling down negativity lane.
I have picked 12 of my favourite quotes, that have made me stop and think, question what I believe to be happening and take action. Hopefully, at least one of these can do the same for you.
1. The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation, but your thoughts about it.
- Eckhart Tolle
2. Staying positive doesn’t mean that things will turn out ok. Rather it's knowing that you will be ok no matter how things turn out.
3. You don’t drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.
4. There comes a point where you have to realise that you'll never be good enough for some people. The question is, Is that your problem or theirs?
5. You are a warrior. Warriors don’t give up and they don’t back down. pick up your sword and shield and fight.
6. What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candour, and more unashamed conversation.
– Glenn Close
7. Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.
- Joubert Botha
my interpretation- Your mental health journey is unique to you. Try hard not to compare yourself to others or feel frustrated when people don't understand how you are feeling. The truth is that they never will. So, just remind yourself, that this journey is yours, you cannot control those around you, so don't give them the power to control you.
8. She is a beautiful piece of broken pottery, put back together by her own hands. And a critical world judges her cracks while missing the beauty of how she made herself whole again.
- J.M. Storm
9. Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.
- Mark Twain
my interpretation: This is my favourite quote of the 12 because, in my opinion, your mind is what governs you, it is what determines who you are as a person. And missing it means that you have lost yourself. The quote brings reality to what mental health feels like.
10. If a cauliflower can somehow become a pizza, then you my friend can do anything.
my interpretation: Open your perspective, there is always a way to solve a problem and to alter a situation.
11. I think you can't wait for someone to fly underneath you and save your life. I think you have to save yourself.
- Merideth Grey, Greys Anatomy
12. You must realise that fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create. Don’t misunderstand me; danger is very real, but fear is a choice
- Will Smith, After Earth